no fixed drive in aopen laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hell

I work at an insurance company and have been given an aopen laptop model # ms2117 it said no operating system then went to fdisk and format and it says no fixed drive? what do I do?

Was there an OS in there before?
Or is it when you got the laptop and turned it on for the first time you got this message.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You start by booting up a floppy and seeing if you can find the disk. My guess is the disk has either failed, or is a connector loose.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Are you sure a hard drive is physically in the laptop? Either open it up or at least look in the BIOS to verify it's being detected.

no the previous person took the operating system off and now it is just picking up 8mgb on the hard disk

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
:eek: Did you register under another name?

This thread is pretty old.......................

yes I did and didn't realise but I still have the laptop and just pulled it out of the cupboard lol.
I have gone into setup and it tells me the harddrive is a hitachie dk23da 20 pm but when I try to boot up it does scandisk no errors. when I fsdisk it advises me primary dos partition is 8mgbs with fat 12 %usage and then there is a ext dos partition with 1906mgb 100% usage total disk space 19077mgbs. please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online