1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved No "forward" option in IE gmail, w10

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nichos, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

There is no option in settings or anywhere else in this confounded new Gmail. W10, IE 11,

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I tested this using IE 11 on a desktop running Windows 8.1. The screencap is attached.

Are you not seeing the column of three dots at the top right of the message or not getting the forwarding option in the menu that opens when you click on the dots?

Attached Files:

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    In basic html, open a message and you'll see it below the addresses. (I've removed the email addresses in this picture).
    gmail.jpg

In standard view, you have to click the three dots at the far right to see Forward as an option.
    gmail2.jpg

Note: I run Windows 7 so I didn't fire up IE. I believe lots of sites might not display properly in IE no matter what version of Windows you are using. If you can't see what we've posted, try another browser.

4. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

Hi cwwozniak & plodr,

To tell you the truth I did not even notice those tiny dots,
    now in them I can forward easily.

Before this new format of Gmail I think I used to find it in the menus of the settings star at top right corner. Now the settings do not have it of course.

I feel a bit of a fool as in aviation I trained to RTBS "Read the b........ screen". ....many thanx .....nick

5. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome. I wouldn't be surprised if Google redesigns Gmail just as we all get familiar with the current version.

6. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

I wish I could talk to Gmail lot & tell them what rubbish they are talking/thinking about.

I get 75gbs b.band and it takes ages for the M to load up whilst everything else is bearable.

7. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
  8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I timed it the other day to show my husband. Basic html loads my inbox in about 3 seconds; standard it takes close to a minute.

I use basic. It is ugly looking but I want my inbox fast more than I want bells and whistles and slow loading.

9. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

Well I guess out with bells etc. for me too.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!