1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no free space on disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kashi-ren, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kashi-ren

kashi-ren Thread Starter

after installing windows 7 on my dell laptop i seem to have virtually no disk space at all..so i cant view pictures properly it always say free up disk space nor can i update my antivirus properly. it has become a big problem. so i am thinking of buying an external hard drive of 1 TB. my only problem is my can i move the contents of operating system in that external hard drive as well? will it still work properly??
    please help!
    :eek::)(y)

2. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

i) you dont say how big the hard drive is, or how much used/free space there is on it
    ii) is this the only drive/partition in the machine
    iii) is this an install / upgrade over the top of a previous version of Windows

No you cant move the OS to the ext drive and no it wouldnt work properly

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!