Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"No hard drive found" message

681 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  computerbeing 
#1 ·
Got "no hard drive found" message when booting up the computer (one of those cheap Dell Optiplex computers ( Win 7) you can buy on Amazon for a couple hundred dollars), after trying all the different bios fixes I could find online, I decided to try connecting the hard drive (Seagate Pipeline HD 2000 GB) as a 2nd drive on another (Win 10) computer. I ordered two different SATA to USB connectors from amazon, neither one did anything. I'm wondering if I did something wrong, and/or is there some order to follow in connecting the drive to a USB port (I tried every order I could think of, powering it up first, powering it up after connecting it, etc. I hear the little "ding" message that Windows 10 gives when you install a drive or other device into the USB port, but nothing came up on screen offering choices. File Explorer doesn't see the extra hard drive. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
Thanks. I found them online already. But before I try them, I think I'll put the HD back in the computer and try running Spinrite on it. I bought it 10 years ago and have never used it. Just found the info, executable, instructions and my receipt for it on another old computer. Thanks.

#6 ·
Wow, Spinrite's still around? I've definitely used it before . . . maybe some 25-30 years ago.

Best of luck. And let us know if Gibson's Spinrite can still save the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.