1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Home Page!!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by loppy loo, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loppy loo

loppy loo Thread Starter

Strangest thing...we thought that our internet was down and we tried all of the usual steps...restarting computer, modem, router, etc. and nothing helped. Our other computer worked so I tried switching ports and same thing--this computer seemingly was down while the other was fine. On a whim I selected a random web page instead of the homepage and it opened up. Every single website we tried works just fine but not the home page. We changed the home page, no luck. So what happens is I click on the little Mozilla (or IE) icon on my desktop, the page opens but is blank and it shows connecting, connecting, connecting forever...it stays completely blank but if I put in another website, it pops right up. It even works if I manually type in whatever we have set as our homepage. We checked both the Control Panel and Internet>Tools>Options and everything appears kosher. Please help!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you typed the website into the address bar and then set that as the home page - does it now work ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice