No Icons or Start bar on Desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iowamike

HELP....I have NOTHING on desktop after booting up...just screensaver...Have 2000 pro...cannot right click..... However I can get to my programs by using CTRL ALT DEL and surfing thru the TASK MANAGER.

THanks in advance for the help:eek:

If you hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE, and click "New Task", and type "explorer", does that get your start bar, etc. back up?

iowamike

I typed in "Explorer" the tool bar at the bottom blinked on and off the bottom no icons restored......no restrictions are set up

Hmmm, that sounds like something is messed up...have you tried booting in Safe Mode and from Last Known Good Configuration? I'm assuming that you used to have start bar, etc? What processes does Task Manager show running?

awalker0878

Removed by request
try this:
run regedit
navigate to these subkeys:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
And
Delete all restrictions under these ex. NoDesk:DWORD:000000001

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online