1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No image on Monitor (not graphics Card issue)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by markenty, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markenty

markenty Thread Starter

Hi all - ok i switched my pc on today and when it came to the winsows 7 login screen my monitor went dark. The blue power light stayed on (didnt go to standby) but no picture at all.

i tried moving the DVI cable to another DVI port at the back of the computer to no avail.

Also when i push the Source button on the monitor i get a picture for 2 secs then blank again....

i have tried another monitor on my pc and all is fine, so isnt a graphics card issue..

any ideas - ps its a LG W2252 TQ PFT monitor...

thanks

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Does the second monitor work?

Try resetting the original monitor to factory settings.

3. markenty

markenty Thread Starter

yes the 2nd monitor worked fine - how do i restore to factory settings if i cant get a picture?

4. hamdanglin

hamdanglin

I know on my HP I can default it using the buttons on the monitor but that might not be the same In your case, I would use the other monitor and check out LG's website or *gulp* call to see if you can enter a setup menu using the monitor itself. I know that's not exactly a definite answer but more of an opportunity.

5. markenty

markenty Thread Starter

cant restore to factory settings as i need to get into the onscreen menu on the monitor which also doesnt show up.....

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice