1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No images in any email client

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tacondor, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tacondor

tacondor Thread Starter

Hello, I'm a newbie here but from browsing the site, this looks like a good place to find help with my problem.

A few days ago, I got whacked by "Antivirus 2010". Luckily I was able to get rid of it w/Malwarebytes and there does not seem to be a trace of it left on my system.

Unfortunately, after the attack I've run into a problem where images no longer appear in my email. This is not just an Outlook 03 problem. I've tried Thunderbird and Incredimail as well. All have the same issue. Just shows the red X for any images.

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. and have tried all of the following w/out any luck:
    Repairing Outlook

Uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook & Thunderbird

Removing the temp files for Outlook from the folder listed in the reg key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security)

Temporarily disabled Norton Internet Security

Checked all settings in all email clients related to security & images

Checked setting on my email host. My domain is set up thru Simplehost & the other two email addresses on the domain are not having any problems.

Uninstalled Malwarebytes after removing "Antivirus 2010"

I'm really at a loss here. It seems something got switched off in a security setting somewhere but I just can't seem to find it. I appreciate any help you can provide. If there's other information that will be helpful, let me know.

Thanx in advance.

Peace -- TC

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. Phantom010

If no luck, your Internet Explorer security settings might be set to high.

In Internet Explorer, click on Tools > Internet Options > Security > Default Level.

4. tacondor

tacondor Thread Starter

Ahh, thank you very much oh wise Phantom010. The IE settings were the answer. I reset everything to default. In addition, it looks like Anitivir 2010 also changed my IE proxy settings so I had to reset them as well.

Thanx again for your quick and helpful insight.

Peace, TC

5. Phantom010

You're welcome! [​IMG]

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice