1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No inBox on Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Packnett, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Packnett

Packnett Thread Starter

I've just installed Office 2003 in my computer that is running windows XP. When I start Outlook 2003 I get an error message bout it not being able to find avgxch32.dll and I have no inbox. in the last few days I have downloaded registry repair software, reinstalled the software twice, used detect and repair at leat a half dozen times, downloaded the extension. created a new personal file and nothing seems to work. Is there any help for this?

2. Rockn

Rockn

I am assuming you have AVG installed because that is what this error is pertaining to. I think AVG may be confused that you are on an Exchange server and it is trying to protect something that is not there.

3. Packnett

Packnett Thread Starter

So what should I do? The inbox will not load because it says it cannot find the avgxch32, and l did find one and install it with no change. This is so remarkably frustrating!

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Did you register it after you installed it? You'd need to...

Or whatever your path is (assuming it's the free version), could also be in c:\program files\avg\avg8 directory.

Here are some other helpful links you should read:
    http://www.outlookforums.com/showth...in-from-Outlook-progra-1\AVG\AVG9\avgxch32.dl
    http://www.avgforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=36
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software...-from-outlook--progra-1avgavg9avgxch32dl.aspx
    http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forum.a...dd-in-from-Outlook-progra-1-AVG-AVG9-avgxch32

HTH

5. Packnett

Packnett Thread Starter

Thanks Zach,
    The more I get into this the more confused I get. You gave me a path to follow but I cannot see all the folders in the path on my computer. I know they are there but for some reason I cannot see them. Am I making any sense at all?

6. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Sure. Check to ensure you're viewing hidden files and folders. To do so, from within a folder, click on Tools, then Folder Options, then click on the View tab. Make sure View hidden files and folders is the selected option, then click Apply and Ok.

7. Packnett

Packnett Thread Starter

Zach,
    Thank you so much for all your help, you are a godsend. For three days now I have been messing with this computer trying to get the email to work. I have done everything everyone has told me and all this experience has taught me was, to use my Mac.
    I bought the PC for a project that I could not use the Mac with, and since it is faster than my current Mac, and I like the features on Outlook I figured it would be good for business.
    Now that I consider the time, money and effort I have spent and inflicted upon others, I regret the decision to use this. With the knowledge of many and a great effort on my part, this thing is still not working.
    I really do appreciate your time and apologize for wasting your time.

8. Packnett

Packnett Thread Starter

Just want to thank you for your help in this fruitless effort. I have given up on getting this thing to work.

9. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Oh, you haven't wasted my time. Not at all! When you get it working I don't think you'll still think it's fruitless. It's just a hurdle. I would uninstall AVG, then try Outlook again. If you still wanted AVG, afterwards you could reinstall it.

10. Packnett

Packnett Thread Starter

The computer tells me I need the avg, all I want is an inbox.

11. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

What Zack is suggesting is that you uninstall AVG, and then reinstall Outlook, which should stop looking for that file. Then, when you get your Inbox working properly, you can reinstall AVG or a different antivirus program.

Do you have Outlook all by itself, or the entire Office package? If the package, then do you have problems with other parts, such as Word?

12. Packnett

Packnett Thread Starter

I will try that.
    Since this install the only programs I have used have been Outlook and Publisher. I have opened word documents but have not really created any yet. I have also opened ecel documents but have not created any.
    So avgxchg.dll is a virus program? why does outolook want it?

13. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

That file is a Dynamic Link Library -- DLL, in other words. Outlook is looking for it because AVG is an antivirus program that works with Outlook, among other things. If AVG isn't there, Outlook shouldn't look for the DLL file. Try it and let us know if it works for you.

14. Packnett

Packnett Thread Starter

Did that same result. when out look starts it says in needs avgxch32, when I install the dll it says it needs it every time it does anything and it has an error message about avg7. I wish I knew why this is not working. It is really tough to use an email program without an inbox. New mail comes into unread messages and when I read them they disappear to an inbox I cannot open or use.

15. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

OK, try this: (1) uninstall AVG. (2) uninstall Outlook. (3) reinstall Outlook. (4) check for Inbox. If it's there and all is OK, then (5) reinstall AVG or substitute a different antivirus checker

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice