1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Incoming Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by scott777, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott777

scott777 Thread Starter

Greetings:
    I have had a web-based email account (starspath) for two years and have had no problems until recently. For whatever reason I can send email, but can't receive any at all. I have not exceeded storage capacity and never open suspicious attatchments. However, I do suspect that may account may be contaminated from some unknown source. It's not a computer issue since I have the same problem whether I'm using my computer, a friends, or a public computing center. When I send messages to this account from an alternate account, they immediately return as "undeliverable", "couldn't find mail exchanger or IP address". I forwarded this problem to the starspath tech support, but inquiries are not exactly acknowledged in a timely manner if you know what I mean. I recently entered the job market (again) and depend on this account as a contact source from prospective employers. Anybody have a solution for me??
    Thank You!!
    Scott

2. dugq

dugq

To be honest this sounds like something your mail provider will need to sort out. In the meantime you could set up an alternative email address and then set up a rule in the problematic address to forward on to the new address. Then when you want to receive you can receive from the new address.
    To be honest I dont think this will work, but its the only thing I can think of and you sound quite desperate

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/284764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice