no input to monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DelVecchio37

I have a hp m9040n running vista home premium. The problem started when I started using my big screen for a monitor. I decided to do a factory restore and when I did pc crashed halfway through. now I get no display to monitor any monitor. I have upgraded the power and replaced graphics card with same kind still nothing. so I replaced motherboard and processor with same replacements still nothing. iv tried resetting cmos battery and using the jumpers. pc turns on but no display, monitor immediately goes to sleep. I have no idea why pc is not outputting to monitor. im no computer expert and don't know anymore options please help. the fact that I was running my recovery discs when this happened may be contributing to the prob but i have no idea.

Did you manage to repeat the factory recovery without the PC crashing halfway through the process?

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Can you install using a normal monitor ???

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Also, Sometimes ... The HP recovery will not work if it sees a foreign system on the HDD.
You have to erase the HDD .. Then reinstall.
If your new MOBO wasn't tattooed for the HP OS .. It won't work

DelVecchio37

what is a normal monitor out tried the vga analog dvi usb and hdmi . I thought I might need to install windows on new mono recovery cds wont work but how do I do so if I can't see

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
I'd guess that vga or hdmi would be normal ... You didn't say how the wide screen was connected.
Some Video outs have to be seen at bootup to work.
You might have to try another monitor to see if it might be the problem.

DelVecchio37

o I see what u meant. ya I stopped using my big screen tv before I originally tried the recovery discs Iv tried another monitor no use and my monitor works fine on over pcs. im stumped

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Sounds like you've changed everything .. As I set here scratching my head ...
I'm wondering if the Tower/Monitor is Plugged into the wall .. And if you're using the old Monitor cable
Duh75.gif

DelVecchio37

ya its plugged in. when I replaced everything I got the same parts except power I upgraded that. ya I have no idea

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Where's you get the Mobo ... It has to be from HP to work ..
And even then it might have to be tattooed for the HP OS to work.

But you should still see something .. And even be able get into the Bios

DelVecchio37

really. I jus got it from ebay they said it was pulled from pc and upgraded right away its the same model I tried contacting hp but they don't sell that one anymore. it looked brand new when I got it how would I know if its been tattooed

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Not really sure .. I think you'll be able to recover it from the CDs ..
But when you try to update it .. It will require registration and think it's an illegal system.
HP's system must see a tattooed Mobo .. And you won't have to input a system serial number.
The serial number on the side of the case will also not work with the HP recovery CD/DVDs if the mobo isn't tattooed.

HP's OS is married to the Mobo ..
Sure glad my wife didn't insist on me getting tattooed :D

DelVecchio37

thanx for the help I might try to switch the mobo back to the original but use the new processor and video card and see if that works. my old graphics card definitely was bad the fan was melted and could no longer move. but when I replaced just the card it still didn't work. maybe it was the card processor combo. we will see

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online