1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No internal hard disk/drive detected?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by king89, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king89

king89 Thread Starter

Alright, so I have a Dell Latitude D630 laptop that's rather old and has several major problems, including never charging, overheating without a small fan next to it, and the occasional key falling off. Well, I was using it a few nights ago and it was working better than usual. Eventually, I turned it off and went to bed. Nothing unusual happened then, but the next day, when I booted it up, it told me the internal hard drive was missing and suggested I reseat it. I ran a diagnostic and it told me basically the same thing but this time it was accompanied by a happy little tune composed of loud beeps, as if to say: "Ha ha, I have found yet another way to ruin your life by becoming even more of an ungrateful mule than I already am, a feat which you thought was impossible but apparently isn't." As of today, when I try to boot it up, it doesn't even show the Dell logo before turning off. This is naturally a tad miffing, but I hope reseating the hard drive will help. Thing is, I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/958173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice