1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Internet Access but still connected

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Beowulf6666, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beowulf6666

Beowulf6666 Thread Starter

Hey guys

i got a bit of a problem...for some unknown reason every time i restart my rig i get a Yellow Triangle with and exclamation mark over my network icon on the tray. Problem is, i am actually connected. Internet works just fine and i can upload, download, browse with no problem.

Issue is, i cant get rid of it. When i run the troubleshooter it says it cannot find an issue (because there isnt really one). Problem im having is with software that checks whether or not i am online by checking with windows' status of connectivity. And since windows thinks i have no internet access i cannot use those programs.

Ex. EA's Origin.

i thought it may be my drivers, so i flashed my bios to the latest version, i manually installed the latest drivers for my network adapter and still nothing.

TBH i think its a windows issue, my brother as a very similar rig with an exception of a couple diff things such as the case and videocard...but the mobo's are the same.

Not to mention that the rig is brand new.

i figured one of u gurus can help me out.

if u have any questions about the issue that could help u figure this out feel free to ask i will post and answer anything i can

thanks

2. highspeed

highspeed

Go into Device Manager, right-click on the network adapter and click uninstall, then scan for hardware changes..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1040423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice