1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Internet Access/ Network Access Via An Ethernet Cable

Discussion in 'Networking' started by CaitlinD, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CaitlinD

CaitlinD Thread Starter

All of the computers within the business I work for are having (or have had, this is an on going issue) with connecting to the internet via an Ethernet cable or via Wifi. We predominantly use Ethernet cables. It either says no internet access, or no network access. All the drivers are up to date and we have repeatedly restarted the router. I have attempted to plug in the Ethernet cables to different ports and this does not work either. I have also can't seem to find the NIC information.

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Someone of authority in the business needs to look into the Router and whether the Router is getting Internet from the provider. The Topology needs to be delineated and each node/hop verified.

This may require having the Internet Provider check from their POV that they communicate to the equipment on the premises and dispatch a technician if needed.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    When it happens, check your IP address by using the ipconfig/all command. Also try a trace route to google's dns by using the tracert 8.8.8.8 and see where it stops responding (timed out). More than likely the internet service is going down and you would want to get the person responsible to check with the ISP for any service disruptions.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It's possible that the ethernet device in one or more of the computers has gone bad.
    It's also possible that one or more of the ethernet ports in the wireless router has gone bad.
    An I.S.P. or I.T. tech support person should be able to determine that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

5. Chapmans

Chapmans

Sorry about that.
    It's the ethernet device in one or more of the computers has gone bad. I can't access the internet to play game. Poor me. Anyone help me? By the way, Can you tell me your favor game?
    Me first: mantigames and then amorgames.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Hi Chapmans, please start your own thread. Go to Forums > Games and click the red button on the top right that says Post New Thread.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice