1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No internet access, tried everything. Please help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by YukineNyan, Jul 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. YukineNyan

YukineNyan Thread Starter

Last night my computer disconnected my mouse, keyboard and wifi adapter. After force-shutting off my computer since I couldn't manually turn it off due to my mouse not being connected anymore, and turning it back on, everything came back working just fine except my internet. It allows me to connect to my network but says I have no internet access and that I don't have an IP. Every other device works perfectly as it should with receiving internet so I would assume it's not an issue with my router or ISP. I've tried literally everything found on both google, here and other forum sites including testing to see if an Ethernet cable would work but ended up with no avail. I tried talking to a Geek Squad rep and they didn't help me at all. I need internet access ASAP due to being home-schooled. I've had extremely bad experiences with taking in my past computers to get fixed so I don't trust anyone with touching my PC unless it's me or a professional fixing it right in front of me. Please help!

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible. Need to know the, Operating system, motherboard , is it a manufactured computer (like dell) or custom build ; ie exact MB, exact CPU, exact GPU, Monitor cable, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. Do not post 16gig of ram; post the exact brand and mode/part# do that for ALL of your parts. If it has Windows 10 was it doing an update last night?

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi, YukineNyan, and welcome to TSG.

In addition to the information requested by lynx1021, please tell us ALL of the things you have done so far to try to fix the problem. How do you expect anyone to suggest something new to try?

4. YukineNyan

I'm no computer techie so I'm not sure how to go about getting all the details asked for it except that it runs Windows 10 and it's a custom built PC by CyberpowerPC. :(

As for everything else, it wasn't doing an update when all this happened.
    The things I've tried are the troubleshooter, changing the IP and DNS settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the device and it's drivers for my adapter, CMD tasks in admin such as IPConfig and netsh winsock, I've even tried seeing if my mobile hotspot would work but even that couldn't connect.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Is your Wi-Fi adapter a card in the PC? Does it find your network? Maybe it lost your Wi-Fi password.

6. YukineNyan

It's a TP Link USB adapter. When the PC was built, they didn't put in the component for Wi-Fi so I have to use the external adapter. It's been working perfectly fine till now. It finds my network just fine and connects to it fine. However it lists it as unidentified and gives me no access to the internet, saying I have not IP configuation. Even with my hotspot and via ethernet.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice