No Internet after installing new graphic card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CowTipper2

Hi.So i just removed my rtx 2070 super from gigabyte and put my new TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080.And after i did that my PC say there is not internet.I am connected via router via bacle.On router there is lan port 2 green light but there is no green light on back of my pc where internet cable is plugged.I tried restarting router and tryed with different ports on router and tried with different bacle.Internet work normally on other pc.Plz help.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hello, CowTipper2, and welcome to TSG.

What is "bacle"? Did you mean "cable"?

When your PC reports no Internet, do you get an option to run a troubleshooter? If so, did you try it?

Please open the Windows Hardware Manager App/Control panel and see if any network hardware shows up. If it does, does it show any error or warning symbols for it?

Did you remove or add any drivers when you swapped video cards?

Please let us know the brand and exact model number of your computer and/or the motherboard. Exactly what operating system is running on your computer.

This issue is more networking related than web and email related. I will be moving its thread to our networking forum.

CowTipper2

Hello, CowTipper2, and welcome to TSG.

What is "bacle"? Did you mean "cable"?

When your PC reports no Internet, do you get an option to run a troubleshooter? If so, did you try it?

Please open the Windows Hardware Manager App/Control panel and see if any network hardware shows up. If it does, does it show any error or warning symbols for it?

Did you remove or add any drivers when you swapped video cards?

Please let us know the brand and exact model number of your computer and/or the motherboard. Exactly what operating system is running on your computer.

This issue is more networking related than web and email related. I will be moving its thread to our networking forum.
I see globus icon and i can do tubleshoot adn when i run it turbleshoot say "windows did not detect properly installed network adapter"
When i open device manager yes i see a lot of WAN Miniport-s but seems like i dont have adapter.I donwloaded adapter from motherboard manufacturer but its not helping.
No i didnt remove or add any drivers when i swapped graphic card.

Attachments

TerryNet

Terry
When you made the hardware change you probably accidentally loosened the ethernet card. Or possibly killed it with static electricity.

cwwozniak

Chuck
From what I am reading about the Network Controller not found error, it may be a BIOS setting error if you are using the motherboard's Gigabit Ethernet port. In that case, one solution is to reset the BIOS. I will need to do some research after dinner to see if there is a less drastic solution for your X570 GAMING X motherboard.

cwwozniak

Chuck
I believe I found the user manual for your motherboard.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/620234.pdf

Page 30 shows the BIOS Peripherals settings tab. It shows a "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" selection that should open a sub-menu with the LAN hardware settings. That was as far as I could go and could not find any information on the contents of that sub-menu or what they need to be to make LAN hardware available to the operating system. You can check it to see if the hardware is enabled and experiment with any deep sleep or wake on LAN settings. If that does not get the LAN hardware to be seen by Windows, please provide photos of the submenu.

Page 20 of the manual mentions that the keyboard F12 function key will capture the current BIOS screen and save it to an attached USB flash drive. That might be another way to show us the settings sub-menu.

CowTipper2

Ok.I will also ty with installing internet card.I think its sould work when i install it.

CowTipper2

I Also have another ptoblem when i installed ryzen 7 5800x and updated bios i have problem that my windows see my hard disk d and ssd disc c as removable devices like i plugged in usb.I managed to hide it via script but yea..i would like it remove it completly not just hide it.I tried registred it thru Command Prompt but its not working i added bus 3 or 1 at comand but i still see it as removable disk.Any solution.This happedn since i updated bios to support new ryzen cpu.I have latest bios ofc.

cwwozniak

Chuck
I would suspect that the BIOS update may have changed the LAN hardware settings to where Windows 10 does not see it.

CowTipper2

I installed new internet card and now its working fine.Tho i didnt need to changes stuff you showed me in bios.Seems like SettyNet was right abouth proken internet card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online