1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NO INTERNET after installing Windows XP!! Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kgoff, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kgoff

kgoff Thread Starter

:confused:I installed windows XP on my moms computer for her and now we cannot get on the internet. her internet connection is good because I can connect my laptop with no problems. i called the internet provider and was told i possibly needed to install the nic drivers for my computer because the device manager does not show the network something (sorry dont remember the name) please help. we do not know what to do. thank you.

2. ildperez

ildperez

Click on control panel then system then hardware then then device managers serch for an entry that says network adapters if it is there and shows an error insert your windows xp disc into your moms computer then right click on the network adapters icon and click update when it asks for location point it to whatever the letter of your drive that has the disc in and tell it to search there. If that doesn't help write me back

3. kgoff

kgoff Thread Starter

no there is no network adapter in device manager. there are some big yellow question marks on a few things under other devices

4. managed

managed Allan

What make and model is the computer ?

5. kgoff

kgoff Thread Starter

hp compaq dc7100

6. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Is it the Ultra-slim Desktop or the Small Form Factor or the Convertible Minitower model?

---------------------------------------------------------

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager.

What are the names in the list that have a yellow ? or ! next to them?

---------------------------------------------------------

7. ildperez

ildperez

try right clicking on the yellow marks on the device manager click on update and make sure you have the windows cd in your drive. It might just pick up the correct driver from the windows cd if it finds it.

8. Lance1

Lance1

Click one of flavallee's links to get to the network drivers. Those three models all use the same drivers.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058722