1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Internet Connection after Computer Recovery!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by soccerstar001, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soccerstar001

soccerstar001 Thread Starter

Hello,
    To make a long story short the performance on my computer was starting to drastically decrease due to the large number of games and other downloads. So i decided it would be a good idea to whipeout the hard drive and then use the recover disk that came with the computer to put it back into top working order. The recovery steps worked fine and the computer startup is extremely fast like it was when i first got the laptop. However, i have no internet at all. I use a wireless router for my laptop, and i have no wireless signal detected from my computer. I tried plugging the eathernet cord directly into the laptop and it still lack internet connection. (I know my modem and wireless adapter are working properly) Im currecntly looking at the Device Manager and i realized that my "network adapter", and other devices such as "base system devices" and "network controlller" all have a yellow ! mark near then indicating they are not working. Im pretty much at a loss to what went wrong or how to fix the issue.
    Thank you

ps. Asus Gaming laptop G50vt with Window vista

2. ckphilli

ckphilli

You need to reinstall your drivers for each of the yellow question marks.

Go here and download the drivers you need (just match them with the yellow question mark on your laptop).

After you download them, put them on a usb to get to your notebook and install them. Nothing special, just double click each driver.

NOTE: You didn't indicate whether you had 32 or 64 bit Vista...so just change the dropdown at the top of the page if you have 64 bit.

Good luck.:)

edit: My bad, you'll need to select notebook>G50>G50VT and then select the OS. (my link didn't save it)

3. soccerstar001

soccerstar001 Thread Starter

Its fixed!!!! Thank you very much!! =)

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the page of the thread in the upper left corner. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice