1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Internet Connection even with Ethernet, not router issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by EmmaStark1923, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EmmaStark1923

EmmaStark1923 Thread Starter

I am running a custom rig, MOBO: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0, GPU: R9 290, CPU AMD fx-8350, W10 64bit

Recently I had a battle with malware/trojan virus that I eventually won, I was able to get back to full usage and was gaming and everything was good. Woke up the next day and couldn't get online. I did the whole router check and no problems there, my other devices were online and working great. I hook up with an ethernet and I am able to connect to the router but it says "no internet". I reset my ip connections and even reinstalled my Drivers, still not working.

I need to get this back online for my work and personal life. Please help me as I have reached the end of my skills in regards to network problems.

2. plodr

plodr

If you need that computer connected online, a fail proof method is to connect it directly to the modem.
    You have to power off the modem and replace the cable that goes from the modem to the router with one that goes from the modem to the computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194491