Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No internet connection!

834 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kanfaar 
#1 ·
I am using a Belkin wireless adapter and out of the blue it isn't working. Last night it was fine but when I tired to get on this morning it went bottoms up. My troubleshooter says it has found a problem with the wireless adapter or access point and I have checked all the cables and they are all plugged in correctly. On my wireless adapter there is a blinking red light. The computer supporting the wireless adapter is fine and has connection. My computer is an Acer Aspire with Windows 7. The help would be greatly appreciated [:

#2 ·
Hey OvooLarren, a little unsure as to the specific topology of your network. However, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the 'blinking red light' does indicate some sort of problem, likely with the adapter.

I would first try moving that adapter to another computer and see if it will work there. If it does, then we know the adapter is OK and it's more something to do with either the Acer, or its network setup. Otherwise, it appears as though your adapter may be kaput.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.