1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Hivoltage, Oct 18, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Hivoltage

Hivoltage Thread Starter

Hi Support,
    I m using micromax 353G USB Modem for Internet in Windows 10 1809. I am able to access internet and download files. But when i open any store app or games i m facing no connection issue. I tried connecting my pc with Wifi and then everything is working fine, i m able to connect all my store apps and games to internet, while connecting with USB modem there is no connection error.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It may be a speed issue for the games, but I am not sure about the store app though.

I have read reviews and a lot of them are negative, mainly about connectivity and speed.

When you lose connectivity, are you able to check IPCONFIG to see if you have a valid IP address?

3. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    So everything is fine when you use WiFi, but when you use your 3G modem, some things don't work.
    I am guessing that you have a good reason to not just use the WiFi, as data rates are an order of magnitude cheaper than with 3G.

You might want to check your network adapter setting to see if it is set for "Metered Internet"
    Settings/Network & Internet/ Ethernet Select your Network adapter. In there, you should see some setting for a metered connection you can play with.

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Question: Why are you using 2 different wireless connections?

5. Hivoltage

Hivoltage Thread Starter

Thanks Guys for all your Help.
    Actually when i installed windows 10 on my PC neither xbox nor microsoft store was working, also in network status it was showing NOT CONNECTED .
    Then i googled lot for the issue and after two days of hard work i found an update "kb4490481".
    After installing this update i got network status connected and my xbox app and microsoft store got worked. But still i m facing connection issue with few store apps. May be its a glitch from microsoft, they think now no one is using old 3G Dial-Up modems. Well i use both modem as well wifi. But i m trying to figure out why this is happening. And really guys these 3G modems are cheaper and fast. I m getting 2.4 MBps speed on very lower price with 2.5 GB /day data.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  6. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Good job finding that update that has improved your situation. Have you made sure the reset of your windows updates are in?
    That data plan sounds amazing, I don't think I can get anything like that where I live.

As someone who owned and used a 300 baud modem back in the 80's - calling your 3G modem "dial up" made me cringe. A dial-up modem uses a wired telephone line to transmit data using voice frequencies.

Sometimes malware can cause unpredictable issues. I always recommend scanning systems with ADWCleaner. It is fast and free and does not install or leave a service running on your computer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice