No internet connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SpockPainter

I installed Vista Basic on my HP Pavilion Lap top, it wiped out the HP recovery manager on the disc, it originally had the full Vista Operating system which took up too much to Disc space, The Vista OS is working but I can't get on Internet. Under Device Manager/Network adapter is a Broad Com Wi-Fi adapter, it says is properly working Device .I tried "Uninstalling' as an HP adviser instructed but no connection. I notice that my other PC with Vista Basic has under Network adaper/Marvell Yukon 8E8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller/Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g USB 2.0 Network Adapter, is my Broad com Wi-Fi adapter the right device, I have a cable from router No Wireless, please help!

Do you have access to a WiFi signal?
Is an Ethernet adapter listed in Device Manager? Are there any unidentified devices?

SpockPainter

I just got a new modem today ( Telus D-link) I now have wi-fi and it is working, however the cable plug in does not,but they all say there is a "no driver installed" and have a yell0w '?" mark!

Go to the HP site and look for the proper ethernet driver under your model number.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the model number of that HP Pavilion laptop?

If you don't know what the model number is, look at the sticker on the bottom and advise what the product number and/or service tag number is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, you need to update your "computer specifications" because it's showing a Dell Dimension 4600.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online