No internet connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

msfmafbmw

Hello,
I have Windows Vista, on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I just moved and bought a new NetGear router. My computer worked perfectly with wireless until now. Everyone else in the family's computer is working fine wirelessly on the NetGear router, but mine, NO! Down in the right hand corner, it says I am connected, but then when I hit the internet explorer it won't connect. I am crying because I have so much to do and have to sit plugged into the router to do work. I am running from room to room plugging into router, unplugging, running to plug into printer, printing one page at a time in another room, then back and forth... I called Net Gear and they?
Please help, I'm really upset.

try going to cmd>type "ping yahoo.com" or any website you know if it sends a reply then its not the routers fault perhaps its your browser.. or you have a high security firewall.

Im not sure if this will work but try changing to a different browser or.. reinstalling the browser.

-Cyn

msfmafbmw

thank you so much but i took the stinky netgear back and got another lynksys, which is what i should have done right away it works perfectly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online