No internet for my PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
According to the manual, the powerline adapter doesn't see the other powerline adapter. You need to pair them:

1596564772750.png

Billowingfire

ok, maybe the problem is that then. But also the internet for most people is going to be slow because of the traffic right? Because of the pandemic.
We dont have a brilliant router either, it is quite old and i think it is helping to slow down our internet to almost a hault.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
ok, maybe the problem is that then. But also the internet for most people is going to be slow because of the traffic right? Because of the pandemic.
We dont have a brilliant router either, it is quite old and i think it is helping to slow down our internet to almost a hault.
To make sure that the internet is not the cause, you would want to connect your computer directly to the modem.

The pandemic wouldn't normally be the cause of slow internet, unless the internet provider cannot handle the bandwidth use of the increase usage from everyone.

plodr

Liz
I use a two powerline adapters and my router is from 2005
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series#WRT54GL

So don't blame a) the powerline adapter b) an old router or c) the pandemic.

All 3 lights must be on, on the powerline adapters.

I pay for a slow speed and get 30Mbps. I could get faster (60Mbps) if I upgraded my router but the speed we get is fast enough for what we do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online