1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Internet on XP

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ibo, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ibo

ibo Thread Starter

It happened recently. I have not installed or uninstalled any new hardware or software. One day, I just turn the laptop on and there is no internet connection of any kind. I was able to connect to my home wireless network.
    There is no problem with the router. When I switch to Vista, everything works fine. When I use other Wi-Fi devices, there is no problem either.
    Does anyone know what seems the cause here?

2. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

By 'switching', do you mean your laptop dual boots with XP and Vista? Or do you have separate XP and Vista machines?

3. ibo

ibo Thread Starter

Yeah... a dual-boot system. Does it matter?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It matters to anybody trying to trouble shoot the problem. Hardware failure moves way, way down the list of suspects with this info. :)

5. ibo

ibo Thread Starter

No, I don't think a hardware part could be causing the problem because, as I said, I have been the laptop regularly and the internet stopped only in XP. I was expecting Vista to create problems without any reason (from what I've heard people saying). Vista is not that bad at all, as it turns out.

6. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

No one ever said it would be a hardware issue.

;)

7. ibo

ibo Thread Starter

Yeah, I just confirmed the possibility and eliminated this option by supplying my past experience with the machine, which you've never seen.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice