No Internet, Secured... (Internet Connection Issue)

eamondo

I have been having this problem with my wifi for a few months and I haven't bothered doing anything about it until now.
I had tried absolutely everything to fix this No Internet, Secured problem.

The weird thing about it is that I can still browse the internet completely fine, I can download and install apps and it still works on those apps also.
But the things I can't do are use anything to do with Microsoft features built into the computer (Microsoft Store, News feed in bottom right, etc.).

I recently even factory reset my pc (not because of this problem) but even still I realized that it didn't fix it.

I am really fed up at this point and would really like to get this fixed if anyone could help me.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It would be helpful for starters by telling us the make & model of your computer?
Also please download our free system info utility from the following link:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

eamondo

It would be helpful for starters by telling us the make & model of your computer?
Also please download our free system info utility from the following link:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20211206171717.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 909 GB (685 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO 36D9, ver SDK0J40700 WIN 3258083587449
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1150, s/n S100THRW (Y520T)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Heres what the app gave me
idk why it says that I have integrated graphics but I have a GTX 1060 3GB

Last edited:

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It appears that you are using the Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 MB , NOT the GTX 1060 3GB

It may help to update to Windows 21H2 Build 19044.1348?

eamondo

It appears that you are using the Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 MB , NOT the GTX 1060 3GB

It may help to update to Windows 21H2 Build 19044.1348?
1638964516845.png
This is what appears when I try to update my computer, even though it says last checked and then the time that I tried to do it there now.

Though on games it uses my Nvidia GPU instead of the Integrated Graphics

Couriant

James
When you factory reset, was it a complete clean install using the Microsoft Tool?

If not and it was the reset function that comes with your Lenovo, do you have any internet security programs that was installed with the reset?

eamondo

When you factory reset, was it a complete clean install using the Microsoft Tool?

If not and it was the reset function that comes with your Lenovo, do you have any internet security programs that was installed with the reset?
I did the Microsoft Factory Reset in the settings, but I chose to keep my personal files.
And yes the pc automatically reinstalled McAfee completely deleted from my pc instead opting to use the micrsoft built in protection.

Couriant

James
Sometimes it may not remove everything.

Use this tool that is listed under Method 2 to ensure that it has been removed.

eamondo

Sometimes it may not remove everything.

Use this tool that is listed under Method 2 to ensure that it has been removed.
I used method 2 and the issue is still not resolved.
Keep in mind before the reset I had deleted McAfee 2 years ago and the internet had always said connected up until recently maybe 2 months.
There was one time where my Bluetooth just stopped working, and I ended up deleting my bluetooth drivers and network adapter drivers and reinstalling them which could be the problem as most of the fixes i've seen on youtube were located in the device manager, this problem started occurring immediately or shortly after that transpired.

plodr

Liz
I ended up deleting my bluetooth drivers and network adapter drivers and reinstalling them
That's the issue. I suspect the drivers you re-installed are not the correct drivers or are outdated and that's why you are having problems.

Go to Lenovo's site. Put in your model and look over and download drivers from Lenovo, don't use 3rd party sites.

eamondo

That's the issue. I suspect the drivers you re-installed are not the correct drivers or are outdated and that's why you are having problems.

Go to Lenovo's site. Put in your model and look over and download drivers from Lenovo, don't use 3rd party sites.
I went onto the Lenovo Support website and entered my serial number and downloaded all the networking drivers as you said and still this problem continues, I don't understand what more I can do.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you get any errors when you installed these downloaded drivers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online