1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No internet

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Mandamonium, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandamonium

Mandamonium Thread Starter

Updated my computer last Sat. :"important Windows updates" which they do not allow me to see before the update. After said "update" ALL of my settings (mouse, restore points, screen-saver, etc.) were wiped out and my internet searches would automatically add ?trackid & some other stuff after anything I typed and take me directly to nothing but German pages from which I could not escape. Long story short, I uninstalled all the updates except one which still will not allow an uninstall (KB3012199), nothing changed; re-installed them all, nothing changed. Uninstalled Google and now I cannot connect to the internet. It says I am connected but no pages will open. Did system restore twice and still nothing. My internet classes start in 9 days - PLEASE HELP!!! (P.S. did not run the TSG SysInfo as this is not the offending computer and the one in question WILL NOT open the internet ;) )

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

run it and move it here via usb. in the mean time, try rolling back to a restore point prior to the installation. IMPORTANT! back up all of your data first. if you are not sure how to do this, do to c drive, users folder, then the copy the onewith your name on it. if that doesn't fit onto what you have for a backup, open it and take the most important stuff first. then restore your system. see if that helps.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Who are the "they" who do not allow you to see what the updates are?

Even in Windows 8 I doubt that any Windows Updates could mess things up so badly. There must be something else going on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice