No internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Onabender

I've installed Windows XP on a 2011 hp computer we got..problem is it won't recognize any of the hardware..well most of it..now I know XP kept addings packs up till 3 I believe for the ever changing hardware world but what sucks is I can't get to the internet to download them..I've got a Ethernet cable I've ran from my wifi upstairs to downstairs.(only way I could do it)to one of those cards with an antenna...forgot the name but this xp is only reconizing a dail up connection..how can I get it to connect to the internet?I know once I do I can get the drivers and service packs..tried copying service pack 2 from another computer but don't think it the right one or I messed copying..actually tried twice...lots of different sites trying to offer them for something in return of course and I know Microsoft isn't supporting it any more so what should I do..list my job and would love to make a resume and apply online and the computer was free..

Can you post a pic of the "wifi upstairs" and "cards with the antenna" please?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online