1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No internet

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by shutterbug28, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shutterbug28

shutterbug28 Thread Starter

Hi and thanks for takin a look. My problem is that ive lost internet on one of my computers in my house. Ive got 4 hooked up to a router and the other 3 are working fine. It was working fine right before i ran ad aware 6. I had ran ad aware before on the other computers and no problems. I didnt think that there was anytype of software on the computers for them to work with the router, unless i deleted something to do with the actual ether. card i dont know im stumped, :> hope u can help!

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, We will need to see a HijackThis log to help you.
    There are some malwares that can break Internet connection if they are removed wrong-

If you know the steps, post the HJT log from the affected computer, you will probably have to use a floppy disk to copy the log to and to post it from here in a reply.
    AdAware saves backups,so probably anything that was removed incorrectly can be replaced... but it would be best if you send in the log first.
    AAW normally would not touch anything to do with regular files needed to run computer....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice