1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NO IOMEM TABLE - Cisco 3640

Discussion in 'Networking' started by csross, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. csross

csross Thread Starter

I just installed a 2FE-2W module in a 3640 and noticed a message during the boot -

MEMINIT - No ioMEM Table for PA TY 0xD8 in slot 1
    PA-2 - Undef PA type 216 in Bay 1.

I moved it to another slot and get the same error. I tried another of the same module and I get the same error. I tried it in a 3620 and I do not get the error.

I have another 3640 and I don't remember seeing that error when I installed the module, and I can't take it down as it is live.

There are no WIC modules in any of these modules either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Hmm, I'm guessing you need to upgrade the IOS on the 3640. It sounds like the existing version doesn't recognize that card.

3. csross

csross Thread Starter

The image is correct because the same image is running in another 3640 that also has that card. The messages are generated from the boot loader and I noticed that a show version had these two lines (among others).

I do not believe the FE cards were supported in the image version specified in the ROM: 3600 statement. The card is functioning and I am able to configure it. I have another (live) 3640 with this card installed, and the version names are the same in both lines (12.1 (5)T19. What would cause these to be different? This is the show version output on the machine that has the problem.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-IO3S56I-M), Version 12.1(5)T19, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    ROM: 3600 Software (C3640-IO3S56I-M), Version 12.1(22c), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

4. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Don't know at this point. What about the Bootloader versions? After that, it sounds like a potential hardware revision issue. For that, you'll need to open a cisco case.

Good luck,

-Scott

5. csross

csross Thread Starter

I don't know what causes that to change (the IOS version) in the ROM: 3600 line of show version. That was a version I installed before this version. It seems like when I updated the last time, it didn't reflect in the output of the command.

6. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Usually the bootloader is a different file you need to download and install. The last time you upgraded that box you probably forgot to update the bootloader?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice