No Items Match your Search

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ibo_christian09

THE OS of my net book is Windows 7 Home Premium and I would like to know why I cannot find a FILE when i type its name in "Search for programs and files" in Start Menu. It can only show PROGRAMS you would like to find. Ex. I would like to find techguy.doc. I knew the file is in my system but I cannot search it in Start Menu Search Panel for quick access. It says No Items match your search. In contrast, in my desktop (OS is Windows 7 Ultimate) it can find specific file ( pictures, music, doc etc) and also the programs. I would just like to know if it depends on the Windows Edition.

ibo_christian09

My netbook comes with an installed McAfee program. I had it uninstalled because it is just a trial. What do you think should I do next? I had done Dzomlijas's tip from the link you gave me but it does not solved the problem.

valis

if you are not running any AV, you need to get one. I'd recommend Microsoft Security Essentials, free, lightweight, does the trick.

Did you follow this link that was in the thread I gave you the link to. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/129437-windows-search-configure-use.html

Also, as you have uninstalled McAfee did you use the uninstall tool? If not then I would advise you to run this to clean out all the remnants of the program. It can cause problems, if this is not done, when you install another Anti Virus. McAfee Removal Tool

These are highly recommended free Anti Virus programs. Never install more than one.
Microsoft Security Essentials
Avast Anti Virus
Avira Anti Virus

DoubleHelix

Banned
Did you turn off indexing to save on system resources? If so, that's one of the consequences.

Search on "Search", then use the search troubleshooter.
Create a file with this name and place it in the Docs folder and see if its found. My guess is your file doesn't exist.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online