1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"No JVM could be found on your system."

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by bluegardenia, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluegardenia

bluegardenia Thread Starter

Hello,

I am a beginner. My operating system is Windows 7 and I use Firefox and Google Chrome for browsers. I have three problems:

1. Despite following the instructions in the Control Panes, I am unable to uninstall Java from my computer.

2. I am unable to download Java. Every time I tried, I keep getting a message which says, " Installation has failed."

3. I also keep getting this message, " No JVM could be found on your system. Please define EXE4_JAVA_Home to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or download a JRE from www.java.com

Can someone please tell me how to solve these issues.

Thank you,

bluegardenia

2. kanaitpro

kanaitpro Account Closed

i am no big fan of java. there is a thread, http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1089463-java-update.html which may help you out. it sounds like you need to use some sort of java ripper to remove it, i would try revo uninstaller. i have used iobit, but would try revo first, iobit can be tricky and these tools can be dangerous. java is a known vulnerability, and it looks like you were making a wise decision to uninstall it. and it seems this post may have gotten a quicker response in the windows 7 forum.
    you're welcome

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!