1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no keyboard, mouse and display after cleaning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deadlifter, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadlifter

deadlifter Thread Starter

My build is about a year and a half to two years old. I've never had problems with it. Well, I noticed my GPU's were running a little hot so I looked inside and noticed some dust. I powered down, unplugged everything from the top down, took the case out to the garage and blew the dust out.

I used very low pressure for this.

Well I come back and plug everything and no keyboard, mouse, display or beeps. Everything powers up though. All fans spin, dvd works, hard drive spins.

I reset cmos, removed batter, did jumpers, reset RAM, unplugged 24 pin and reseated, tried with just one GPU, tried with the other GPU, nothing.

Gigabyte GA 990fx ud3 mobo rev 1.0
    AMD Phenom II x6 3.2
    G.skill ripjaws ddr3-1600- pc3-12800-4gb (two sticks)
    Radeon HD6850's (x2)
    Antec 750 watt PSU
    Win 7 x64
    Like I said, everything worked great for a long time until I blew some of the dust off it. (n)

2. SM4SH

SM4SH

Go back through everything and make sure nothing came unplugged. to me it sounds like the mother board may be damaged. did you touch anything inside the case? when blowing out the case did you let the fans spin up really fast?

3. deadlifter

deadlifter Thread Starter

Thank you for the help. I had to reseat the CPU, and now everything is fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1119211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice