No keyboard query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dzones

Hi everyone. I am new to these forums and glad to see something available like this.
Getting right to the point...
I am wondering how or if I can configure a networked system without a keyboard so when it restarts there is no "no keyboard" error at BIOS and just waits for input?
Essentially I want the system to be able to restart unattended without a keyboard attached.
any ideas???????
Thanks!
Dave

HI , if you go into the bios and the cmos settings some have a halt on .. and you can change to all errors or all but keyboard and mouse etc...
I hope this helps you .

dzones

nope. that only works on certain motherboards. ami and award both have that option but some do not.
UPDATE:
I did get this issue resolved...seems linux has just a big a problem so even if i was able to have the proper bios, linux hates a no keyboard environment and usually hangs.
Here is what i did..
I took a ps2 keyboard and literally ripped it apart and took the small circuit (2"x3") board out which connects directly to the ps2 cable itself. So I do have something coming out of the port but it is no bigger than a parallel cable. I can handle that.

Thanks to anyone who tried!
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online