No LAN Adapter showing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TalesRSOG

Why don't I see my wired LAN Adapter in device manager? I have an Ethernet port on my laptop, but I don't seem to have the adapter.

JennyJackson01

Account Closed
It might have been disabled in BIOS (setup) for some reason. Hit the appropriate F-key to enter BIOS when you first start the machine and look for onboard or embedded LAN. The key to enter BIOS will either be DEL, F1, F2 or on quite a few laptops, F 12.

Jenny

First Enable Ethernet Card in Bios and try to Install Driver hope it w'll sovle if not then may a Harddware Chip problem gud luck

Couriant

James
do you see a connection (lights) on your computer or modem/router its connecting to?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts