1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No LAN Connection on New Gigabyte mobo

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MinnE, Jan 15, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. MinnE

MinnE Thread Starter

Hi, All!
    I have recently purchased a Ryzen 3 2200G, Gigabyte AX370M-DS3H motherboard and 1x8 2400mhz stick of ram running windows 10 home (not activated). After booting the system I wasn't getting any internet from my LAN cable, I tried replacing the cable with another, trying a different port on the router and installing a new LAN Drivers. After the drivers it started to work but not very well, It would take close to a minute to load up chrome as well as other browsers. I couldn't use apps like discord or steam and was given a No Connection error. I tried factory resetting the PC and then installing the latest drivers. After resetting it now says Unidentified Network and No Internet. I'm using a USB WiFi Adaptor plugged into a USB port in the front of my PC which lets me use the internet but still takes 10ish seconds to load pages. I'm suspecting it could be something to do with my motherboard as the internet seems fine on my laptop and phone as well as the LAN working fine on my previous PC a couple of weeks earlier. Im using a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller and a Realtek RTL8191SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor
    Full PC: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/8mvgyX.
    Ethernet: https://imgur.com/a/n3to6gJ
    Network Adaptors: https://imgur.com/a/jmzv25E
    LAN Driver: https://imgur.com/a/IoETXgI

I Added as much information as I could if anything else is needed just ask.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Disable the wireless adapter in Device Manager (right-click > Disable, if asked to confirm do so) then see if it's faster over Ethernet.

3. MinnE

MinnE Thread Starter

I just tried that but the LAN isn't slow its just not actually working

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Oh I see, I saw where you said it was 'working but not very well' and assumed that was still the case, after re-reading I see you did say it wasn't working now, sorry.

Actually try removing the Usb wireless adapter and restarting the PC, does the Ethernet work now ?

5. MinnE

MinnE Thread Starter

Just tried it with no success, gets to identifying network then Unidentified Network with no internet.

Edit: Could it be an issue with my router / modem?

6. MinnE

MinnE Thread Starter

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I don't think it's the same issue, in that other thread the poster had an Intel network adapter and the fix was specifically for it.

I'm logging off now, will check back here later. Someone else here might have an idea in the meantime.

8. MinnE

MinnE Thread Starter

Alright thanks for trying to help, ill try and see if i can get it fixed.

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Was this a clean install of windows OR did you take a hard drive with windows already installed and connect it to this board?

11. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Try downloading the latest LAN drivers from MOBO manufacturer.
    Then de-install any and all s/w associated with it. and also with the WIFI.
    Open device Manager and remove the NIC and WiFi. Confirm if asked to remove drivers.
    Shutdown, remove Wifi dongle.
    Restart and when system finds the NIC point to - or install - the previously downloaded drivers.

EDIT. Also disable/remove, just for testing, any firewall software. PLus, check the build of Windows 10. It may be that the latest one isn't supported.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice