1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Line-in or Wave Recording

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sweet877, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweet877

sweet877 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I own a Sony VAIO SZ450N/C with Windows Vista Business Edition. I'm using the Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec soundcard driver. In my Recording Panel, I only have the option of "Microphone." I have tried selecting "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices," but no other devices show up. I want to record directly through my sound card without going through an external microphone. Please help. Thanks so much!!!

2. smazumder

smazumder Account Closed

This functionality to work in Windows Vista requires a feature called “Stereo Mix”. This functionality is not supported by Sigmatel chipsets.

This features enables the user to record protected audio content while listening to it play through the speakers and is frowned upon by Microsoft.
    Microsoft informed that platforms that supported this feature would not pass Windows logo requirements, thus Sigmatel did not support it in the hardware.
    Microsoft have considered this issue and will enable this feature may be in future.

This feature cannot be enabled on Sigmatel platforms and there is no work around other than an ordering PCI audio card.

Note: Sigmatel removed Stereo Mix support from the sound controller. Replacing the sound device with a card or external sound device that supports Stereo Mix will allow to listen to the line-in “live”.

3. sweet877

sweet877 Thread Starter

What external sound devices may I consider? Thanks~

4. smazumder

smazumder Account Closed

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice