1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no log on

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wiggyy, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wiggyy

wiggyy Thread Starter

Unable to get past the windows log on - Quote -The system could not Log you
    on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again using the correct case Unquote. (I used the enter key as the password when setting pass word up.)
    I am using w.XP Prof. with an ASUS 47V133 AGP Pro/4X motherboard. part of the KT4AV Series.
    I have been having a series of problems lately, including loss of sound (built in sound card) and also no LAN connection for broadband. (also built in - tried a new card but no change) main problem is I cannot get into it at all now.
    Any Ideas wuld be welcomed
    Thanks
    Wiggyy

2. Compaq__

Compaq__

Let me get this straight. You just reloaded XP and you are trying to logon for the FIRST TIME? Basically you don't know the password?

If that's the case...you may have to reload again.

3. wiggyy

wiggyy Thread Starter

No. XP has been there for some time and used regularly. Now I cannot get past the logon stage.
    Wiggyy

4. wiggyy

wiggyy Thread Starter

I believe the problem lies within the Security log. message states that it is full and can only be fixed by the administrator- since I cannot get access to this- What next?
    Wiggyy

5. Compaq__

Compaq__

Security log being full would not stop you from logging in UNLESS you have group policy set to noe allow logins in the event the security log fills up.

6. wiggyy

wiggyy Thread Starter

Whatever the reason I still cannot get past the message that the security log in this system is full. As I cannot gain access via the administrator log in ( I originally set it up for both user and administrator to be accessed by hitting the 'Enter button' but this no longer works.
    I can access via the windows XP set up programme and have tried to run the repair programme. However the A-drive does not work and the Bios is not set up for a USB input.
    Do you know of a programme that I can download via this laptop onto a cd rom - and use that? I have tried an emergency boot programme that I down loaded-but no good.
    It looks as though I shall have to format the C drive and start over again with the XP reinstalled.
    Any ideas?
    Regards
    Wiggyy

7. Compaq__

Compaq__

Looks like a format of C: is the only option left.

8. wiggyy

wiggyy Thread Starter

Yes it does. But thanks anyway for your advice.
    Regards
    Wiggyy

9. Compaq__

Compaq__

Just came across something. If you can get your hands on a copy of ERD Commander, it can change your Admin password. It is a BOOTABLE CD.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice