No logon picture or password entry thing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rainbowcupcake

When I turn it on it boots up normally, and when I get to the log in page all that shows up is the shut down and restart button and the button that helps people with disabilities access the computer (I can't remember the name of the button). It's the color I set my computer as (not a black screen). I was trying to get some malware off of my computer so I had it in safe mode, I used malwarebytes, but I was also trying to delete the files I thought the malware programs might have been using. I'm worried that I might have deleted some critical files :( help please!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
right click the shutdown, hold down the shift key and click restart
from there go to the troubleshooting menu
from there go to advanced
from there go to automatic repair
it can take up to an hour - do not force shutdown while there is disk activity
if that fails go back again and go to a restore point

SO you do this
Hold down either SHIFT key while tapping or clicking on Restart, available from any Power icon.
you then get a window with refresh or reset and advanced options
Choose advanced options

On that window choose automatic repair
if that does not work go back to the start
and this time on the window that had automatic repair
you will see that there is also system restore - to a restore point
select that option

The cause was likely to be you attempting to delete files after running malwarebytes
especially of course if it booted ok after the MBAM run, but not after your deletions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online