1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No logon picture or password entry thing

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by rainbowcupcake, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainbowcupcake

rainbowcupcake Thread Starter

When I turn it on it boots up normally, and when I get to the log in page all that shows up is the shut down and restart button and the button that helps people with disabilities access the computer (I can't remember the name of the button). It's the color I set my computer as (not a black screen). I was trying to get some malware off of my computer so I had it in safe mode, I used malwarebytes, but I was also trying to delete the files I thought the malware programs might have been using. I'm worried that I might have deleted some critical files :( help please!

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

right click the shutdown, hold down the shift key and click restart
    from there go to the troubleshooting menu
    from there go to advanced
    from there go to automatic repair
    it can take up to an hour - do not force shutdown while there is disk activity
    if that fails go back again and go to a restore point

SO you do this
    Hold down either SHIFT key while tapping or clicking on Restart, available from any Power icon.
    you then get a window with refresh or reset and advanced options
    Choose advanced options

On that window choose automatic repair
    if that does not work go back to the start
    and this time on the window that had automatic repair
    you will see that there is also system restore - to a restore point
    select that option

The cause was likely to be you attempting to delete files after running malwarebytes
    especially of course if it booted ok after the MBAM run, but not after your deletions

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!