1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no logon servers available to service the logon request

Discussion in 'Networking' started by deeboshit9229, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeboshit9229

deeboshit9229 Thread Starter

Im a newbie
    We recently bought a new cisco e3000 router and connected our Domain Server ie 2008 and the router to the same switch. Now when you logon from a client say windows 7 or 8 client, this message appears "no logon servers available to service the logon request".

Dont know whether I have to disconnect the cisco router which inturn would prevent us from accessing our ISP's modem internet.
    Please help

2. Speakersrock

Speakersrock

If no other variables in the network has changed it does sound like some kind of routing or DHCP mismatch which needs reconfiguring.

Would you know what I mean If I said can can you logon to a profile local to the client (i.e not on the server) and 'ping' the domain server IP address from a command prompt? Equally can you ping an internet address such as google.com?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice