1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Magenta on Brother MFC-5100C

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joe66, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Joe66

Joe66 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Brother multi-function ink jet. printer. I don't use it very often, but it did work fine a month ago. Now it does not print magenta. I have run the cleaning function a dozen times. It is also goes through yellow very quickly and reports that yellow is low even though a new cartridge was just installed. Magenta and yellow share the same print head.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Joe66

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Sorry but in my experience with Brother printers, I would dig a hole and bury it.

They make fine faxes, but the color printing is woeful in comparison with just about any other brand.

It really does sound like a hardware failure though, presuming you have tried a new cartridge.

I have one out in the shed, it used to clean itself more often than the cat and would chew through cartdriges in doing so. Only on the highest quality was the print useable for commercial reports, but it was many minutes per page...

3. Joe66

Joe66 Thread Starter

What you say about Brother is true. That is why I didn't use it very often. I wonder what it does with the ink it uses when it cleans itself. Probably the same thing a cat does with a hairball.

I guess I'll keep it around as a black copier and fax untill I get sick of it.

Thanks for the reply.

Joe66

4. GripS

GripS

We had a brother printer at my work. It was a load of garbage. Going through ink like there's no tomorrow. Guess i know now not to look there for a printer. I've been pretty happy with my canon printer that uses 5 dollar ink cartridges.(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!