1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Mails in Mozilla Thunderbird Local Folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shah5589, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shah5589

shah5589 Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,

I have problem in Mozilla Thunderbird Email Cleint, recently due to mail exceeding overlimit in gmail i have started downloading the mails. It was working fine. Luck was not with me, after sometime i surprised i couldn't find any mail under my local folder like before. No mails found in Local Folder of Thunderbird Email Client. But i can see the 2 GB File INBOX in the HDD. But cannot see in Mozilla Email Client. I just need to retrieve the mails.

I have tried a lot but cannot retrieve.

Looking for your technical help soon.

-Thanks & Regards,
    Shiraz.

2. hewee

hewee

3. shah5589

shah5589 Thread Starter

Thanks for your wonderful support.

In fact i have done the same procedure to get the mails the one which i have given you above.

Let me explain you what is happening exactly, after reinstalling the thunderbird and copied all mails to new profile, when I open thunderbird, i cannot find any mails. I have even tried to remove .MSF but its automatically created again, but still cannot see the mails. But i have tried Eudora,Netscape Messenger,Thunderbird and tried to place INBOX into all mail folder location, but cannot see any mails. I appreciate for your response and looking to get the your valuable response again to retrieve the mails by anyhow by software by any converter.

-Thanks & Regards,
    Shiraz.

4. hewee

hewee

If you know for sure that your in the right new profile mail folder then it should work.
    Do a search on inbox and see how many come up. Look at the dates.
    If you don't see any new dates then open Thunderbird and make a folder and then look in new profile or another profile for that folder name and then your know for sure just what profile is being used.

5. shah5589

shah5589 Thread Starter

I have done many steps to retrieve the mails, but cannot retrieve still..

Above said everything i have done keep INBOX into new profiles Message folders, cant view mails. Tried to retrieve mails from Netscape Communicator,Eudara and many tools but still cant retrieve or convert.

Please i would appreciate if you can help to retrieve only mails.

-Thanks & Regards,
    Shiraz.

6. hewee

hewee

How about backing your profile and then doing a uninstall of thunderbird and then installing thunderbird again and do what it says here.
    Manually Transfer Mail Files

7. shah5589

shah5589 Thread Starter

i have reinstalled 5 times into new system. but no response.

I can see INBOX (2GB) in my local HDD, but dont know how to retrieve the Mails.

8. hewee

hewee

How about making a copy of the inbox file and then rename it inbox2 and see what happens.
    Then when you open thunderbird click on the inbox2.

If that does not work I would post over at WindowsBBS, Netscape and Mozilla Forum where Ramona can help you out better.

9. shah5589

shah5589 Thread Starter

I followed the same procedure..created the new profile and renamed my old INBOX to INBOX2. Even though the size of the INBOX2 is 2 GB but still cant see any one of the mails.

Please help me to just retrieve the mails, i just need mails...i running with hard time with it.

your support and advice is alwayz appreciated.

-thanks & regards,
    shiraz

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice