No microphone!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MNLaCour

:confused: I have 2 microphones and my computer won't pick up either one of them. When I bought my manufactured computer the speakers and microphone from my HP mx70 monitor would not work. So I plugged in some old speakers and they work, but I went to my volume control and made sure that the microphone wasn't muted and the volume was turned up. After that I went to the Control Panel and went to Sounds... then went to Voice and tested the hardware, but my microphone still wouldn't pick up. I figured that must also be because I don't have an HP tower anymore so I bought a new microphone (Labtec desk mic) and my computer won't pick it up either. I have a Nvidia nforce sound card (don't know if that helps, but I thought I'd mention it). Oh yeah, I can't seem to be able to contact the man I bought the computer from. Is there any hope for me?

Hate to ask, but are you SURE the mic is plugged into the correct Jack?

Gotta start somewhere :eek:

T.M.

Banned
I'm not saying no-one here can help but why don't you phone a local technician,computer department store(future shop/best buy/ radio shack),or the company of your microphones. Im sure they know alot more than we do. Especially the manufacturer of the microphones(they definitely know a bit about there own product,eh?)....If that fails..check to see if the microphone is even compatible with your computer/windows version and if you meet the requirements for the microphone (find this info in/on the package/box you bought the microphone in)....What windows do you have?....See if its compatible...If all else fails...let me know....

Unless it's a USB microphone (which it clearly isn't) you shouldn't have problems with compatibility... Out of curiosity, since you've had this mic, have you tried rebooting your computer? If you haven't (I know plenty of people who leave their comps on 24/7) then may I suggest rebooting it. My friend is one of those guys who never shuts down (euh... standby...) and whenever he has a problem he goes on and on about how I have to fix it for him so I go to his house, reboot his machine and **poof** problem solved... Never hurts to try!

I have the same exact problem but my microphone worked before and one day it just up and stopped working. I've quadruple checked all the obvious stuff, volume controls etc etc. I plug the mic into another computer, works like a bloomin charm.

Could reinstalling the sound driver fix it?

Did you happen to check the socket? Because the metal inside the socket is quite soft, and the soldering is so small once used, becomes weaker if incorrectly aligned, they sometimes move slightly out of place.
Is this an expensive microphone? Does it have TRS? Is it monaural? These sometimes make a difference too...depending on your socket.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online