1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Moniter Display?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LDot, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LDot

LDot Thread Starter

Basicly.. I come home one day and my computer was turned off (Like usual) And I booted it up it beeped three times and wouldn't turn off unless i held the power button down or removed the cable to the power socket. As I kept removing the power cable and fidgeting around inside it started working again... I then got told by a friend that i can upgrade from Windows xp to windows 7 without paying so I believed him and he then got to work by downloading and install... He then ran a .EXE file and it began installing windows 7 as it got to part 2 when it needed rebooting it turned off... I then turned my pc on and it would try and load boot manager? and it said do you want to load ( Old windows, Windows 7 or Ubuntu) So I tried all 3 the windows 7 one took me to when it starts up and it crashed (every time) the windows xp one didn't work at all and the ubuntu was just a ail install where wubuntu or something couldn't install (this worked on my Eee pc Btw) I then turned it off and gave it too my auntie who then took it home and tried to solve the problem... The problem was that the 3 beeps kept happening and I don't know the rest all i knew was that it was "****ed" .. I then tried a load of different ways of troubleshooting the problem, But none worked i then fiddled around with the cables until I come across an option to open BIOS But I didn't think much of it and thought, It works.. Soo then i plugged in one of my three hard drives and there was no monitor signal again, i then gave up and resorted to asking for a fix on this forum... My Computer specs which i know of are :

2 GB of ram
    An Asus Graphics card Eah4350 Silent?
    Some what Intel motherboard
    A western digital 80 GB SATA hard drive
    And 2 other hard drive which are not SATA But are around 120 ea
    E machine model E4231
    ^ that's all i know about my pc..

I appreciate all help, And Thanks for trying....

2. Intel_Xtreme

Intel_Xtreme

Sorry but we cannot help with torrented Windows operating systems (or any torrented program).

3. LDot

LDot Thread Starter

I used one of my other two hard drive and got to a black screen saying

EXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    EXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent
    No Bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

But when i insert one of my ubuntu/Linux mint dics i got our of a Linux magzine it doesn't recognise the disc...
    Also i have a Maxtor external drive (640GB) which for some reason wont turn on, I was thinking of installing ubuntu using this as a usb, Is this possible ?
    And Thanks for the reply...

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Those messages mean the computer can't find a device to boot from.

Assuming the drive is known to be good, that leaves the cable, the motherboard, or the power supply.

If you can boot from a USB flash drive, you can do that, but it won't fix the hardware problem.

5. LDot

LDot Thread Starter

I have now manged to get hold of a legit version of windows xp, But whenever i try to install windows xp, It appears with a BSOD . And i cant find a way around it...

Any help will be appreciated, And thanks or the support so far...

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That would further indicate a hardware problem. Did you check the drive connection, replace the cable, switch motherboard ports, etc?

If you just stuck a Windows XP disk in, that's not going to fix the problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1040395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice