"no monitor found" message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

swimmer1

Just got new computer with win 7. I don't know if following problem is an OS issue or not.... it certainly is not a serious concern, but it bugs the hell out of me!

When booting, the following message appears on screen:
"The following are warnings that were detected during this boot.
These can be viewed in setup on the event log page"
"NO MONITOR FOUND"

I tried to make some changes in Setup like disabling features that I thought relevant; then enabling them.
Nothing I did removed that error message.

Aside from the error message, the computer continues to boot without incident and the monitor performs perfectly. Same problem occurs when PC connected to another monitor.

What on earth is going on here??? What's causing the boot message, and how can I get rid of it??

Swimmer1

Hi possibly your monitor is a little slow to initialise at boot or the driver is missing it

swimmer1

I really don't think monitor is slow in initializing ... and how would I know that a driver is missing?

swimmer1

No I meant as the driver starts it does not pick up the monitor right away

swimmer1

Hi Joeten ....

Is there anything I can do about the driver to remove error message?

It's not an error message and you won't get rid of it, I see it all the time on some units. It simply means as suggested earlier that the monitor isn't getting a signal quickly enough and it goes away when it gets signal, everything is doing it's job as it should.

Hi that is it exactly just a minor annoyance but you will get used to it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online