1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Monitor Signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smitty1261, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Smitty1261

Smitty1261 Thread Starter

I recently began to build my own PC. It has inside:

P4 Processor W/ HT
    Intel MB (D845GVAD2)
    450 Watt Power Supply
    DVD ROM and DVD-R/ DVD+R
    2 HDs 100GB and 20GB (Neither has an OS)
    1 stick 512MB (333 MHZ DDR)

Also I have not yet installed any modems, NICs, or any other additional cards yet.

When starting the computer I get three beeps and no monitor signal. Everything else is started as normal.

Also, I am not to sure of the wiring on the Motherboard being correct, no detailed instructions were supplied. Went to Intels website for help and there were no helpful diagrams available for the wiring.

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

3. Smitty1261

Thank you for the advice, I changed memory sticks and the three beeps went away, but now I am still not getting a monitor signal. I tried two different monitors and nothing. The computer otherwise is starting up as if there was nothing wrong. I also did not attach a mouse or keyboard this time.

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

Go ahead and hook up a keyboard. Unhook everything else except for the monitor and power supply. Double check the connections between the case and the system board. You want to get a post displayed on the monitor.

You should be able to tell about hooking up the motherboard and jumper setting from motherboard manual. If you need a manual you can download and print one from here.

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d845gvad2/sb/CS-008828.htm

5. RandyG

RandyG

is your graphics card onboard, or a card? If a card, then take it out and reseat it.

3 beeps can also stand for no Graphics card found

6. Smitty1261

Right now I am using the on-board graphics

7. RandyG

RandyG

if you turn your monitor on, while leaving the PC off, do you get the test screen appearing?

8. Smitty1261

Yes I do, it gives me a square box with the monitors settings in it.

9. RandyG

RandyG

Ok, rules out monitor probs then . . . have you rebooted with a keyboard and mouse plugged in yet??

10. Smitty1261

Yes, I have rebooted with mouse and keyboard. I am not getting any beeps right now, just no monitor signal. Plugged monitor into second computer and worked fine.

11. Smitty1261

I have two P4 CPU's to test the system with, both brand new. I still get no beeps now after changing the memory, the fans are running, and the green light is on for the mobo.

12. Smitty1261

I also have a second computer here that is doing the exact same thing. The Specs for this computer are:

450W PSU
    2 512MB Kingston DDR Memory
    ABIT IC7-G MOBO

13. RandyG

RandyG

14. Smitty1261

Sorry about that, I might be confusing you. I have two computers in front of me that have the same problem, no signal to the monitor. One has an Intel D845GVAD2 MOBO and the Second one has the ABIT IC7-G MOBO. I have also tried using a graphics card on that one with no results. I have tried to reset the CMOS by switching the jumpers for five seconds.

15. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You keep saying that the computer now makes no beep(s) on boot.

That suggests it is NOT booting at all, as normal POST success is 1 short beep.

Don't go looking for the cause of "no monitor signal" as the fault is much more fundamental, as in no boot?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice