No Monitor !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gizmolabob

I just finished my first attempt at building a computer. When I power it up, everything appears to be working except for the monitor. It stays in standby mode. If I turn off the monitor, then back on, it stays on for about 3 seconds and cuts back off. I hooked it up to my old computer and it works just fine. I need some help from my fellow geeks. Thanks in advance.

dustyjay

Jay
Give us a run down of your system specs, Mobo, CPU, Ram, Video, Powersupply, Drives attached, OS, and so on.

gizmolabob

ASUS VINTAGE PH-1 motherboard (socket 775)
3.66 CELERON D CPU
1 G PC 3200 DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY
350 WATT POWER SUPPLY
16X DUAL LAYER DVD BURNER
DELL 17 INCH FLAT PANEL MONITOR

dustyjay

Jay
What brand power supply are you using, and what is the manufacturer and model of your grafix card? And do we assume you are using Windows XP of one flavor or another?

gizmolabob

This is a barebones kit from Zip Zoom Fly. It came with the ATX POWER SUPPLY already installed. I am going to install Windows XP PRO Sp2 when I get the monitor to work. I'm not using a graphics card. The motherboard has video and audio onboard.

dustyjay

Jay
By 17"Flat Panel monitor are you saying an LCD monitor or a Flat Screen CRT monitor?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online