Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No Monitors Detected

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Travis76 
#1 · (Edited)
I have read through quite a few threads regarding dual monitor setup from a laptop using a docking station. Unfortunately I haven't run across a solution to my problem.
Here's the Hardware list:
Laptop= Gateway, Model: GWTN156-11 (Cheap I know, it's for Virtual HS classes that all) Windows 10, S mode off
Docking Station= Lionwei (Amazon)
"*Description: Docking Station, 9-in-1 Triple Display USB C to Dual HDMI Adapter with DisplayPort, 87W PD, 3 USB, SD/TF Card Reader, Docking Station Dual Monitor for Thunderbolt 3/USB-C(DisplayPort) Laptops"
Monitor 1= HP 1740 DVI 17" (I have VGA to HDMI cable)
Monitor 2= Acer V176L b 17" (I have VGA to HDMI cable)
Monitor 3= Samsung 32" Flat Screen TV (Model not known, AV inputs HDMI 1, HDMI 2) (I have DP to HDMI cable) Possible 3rd display if capable.
Downloaded; Thunderbolt 3&4 from Intel Website.
I need a solution to the equation listed above. Can someone please provide a step by step formula I can follow in order to get this to work.

#2 ·
I assume that this is your laptop?

First thing that is notated on the product page of the dock is this:

NOTE!!! Before your purchase, please ensure the USB-C port of your laptop support video output or DP Alt Mode, which decides the HDMI ports & DP port work or not.

If the laptop I linked is the correct one, I don't know if the USB-C port does support video out since those are laptops are designed for basic use like schoolwork, email, etc. The video output depends on the video card so my guess is that you can only use the HDMI port that is on the left and the USB-C port is only for data.

Do you still have any paperwork/user manual on the machine? If so can you confirm if there is a website for me to look at?

#6 ·
I assume that this is your laptop?

First thing that is notated on the product page of the dock is this:

NOTE!!! Before your purchase, please ensure the USB-C port of your laptop support video output or DP Alt Mode, which decides the HDMI ports & DP port work or not.

If the laptop I linked is the correct one, I don't know if the USB-C port does support video out since those are laptops are designed for basic use like schoolwork, email, etc. The video output depends on the video card so my guess is that you can only use the HDMI port that is on the left and the USB-C port is only for data.

Do you still have any paperwork/user manual on the machine? If so can you confirm if there is a website for me to look at?
The Only paperwork that came with it was a quick setup guide. I tried to find a users manual PDF online but only found generic product guides. I installed Thunderbolt Software and the Type C still doesn't send video so you are probably right, that the USB-C is data. I have an external MIC and wireless mouse plugged into docking station and they both respond. I think my only option now is to use one of the USB3 to plug in a External Video Dual HDMI. I think I should be able to Download the Software for one and the USB3 should provide the signal. I think.

#4 ·
If this is what you have https://www.newegg.com/p/1B4-09S3-000G5
It says
Please ensure the Laptop has thunderbolt 3 / USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 / USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 to support multiple-display before purchase.
and it also says
Triple display: one display of HDMI1output, one display of HDMI2 or DP, one screen of laptop.
That means you can not attach 3 monitors. The laptop screen counts as one display then you can attach two other monitors, not three.

#7 ·
Even if you are able to get it working with USB 3.0, you may not be able to get the desired resolution because of the video card. Having said that, I have had good luck with StarTech and they have this USB 3.0 to Dual HDMI adapter (on sale right now on Amazon) may work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.