1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No more connections can be made.....

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hyenaelf, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hyenaelf

hyenaelf Thread Starter

I work for a small business. For the first time (well, for me), we've received an error message that says the following:

No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept.

Anyone know how to get around this (besides kicking people off of the computer being connected to)?

Thanks!

Heather Garcia

2. yoda0395

yoda0395

Going to need some more info.
    what OS are we connecting to?
    How may connections?
    (y)

3. hyenaelf

hyenaelf Thread Starter

There are 10 computers plus the one that is being connected to (total of 11).

The OS of the "main" computer is Win 2000; other computers have XP or 2000.

4. hyenaelf

hyenaelf Thread Starter

Never mind. I figured out the problem. Thanks!!!! I had to get rid of some Network Places (some were redundant).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice