No More Picture?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ppls1000

Ok so I was using my computer last night no problem. I go to bed and leave my computer on, like I have been for as long as i can remember. I wake up and its still on, like it should be. I go to move the mouse so the screen comes up cause I have the screen turn off after like an hour or something. But nothing comes up. I turn it off and back on again but nothing will show up on the screen. I check everything like the RAM and cables and video card. I it all out and put it back in and still nothing. I plug my laptop into the monitor. It still works so I continue to find out whats wrong. I switch the monitor to the onboard VGA...still nothing...anyone have an idea?

bearone2

Banned
the video card may have been hot.

turn the machine off for an hour or so and see if the display comes back.

possibilities:
card, pci slot or the monitor may be bad.

fwiw:
i turn the machines off at the end of the day.
running continually, never rebooting is something a lot of folks do.

there's 24 hours in the day, i don 't have to be awake for all of them.

ppls1000

Well its been off all day and I tried it a little while ago and its still the same. The thing is the onboard video doesnt work eaither. Anyone else got an idea?

bearone2

Banned
try the video card in another pci slot unless it's an agp card.

check the monitor with another pc or laptop.

ppls1000

bearone2 said:
check the monitor with another pc or laptop.
I dont wanna be mean but your like the fourth person to suggest that. It says right in my post that i did that...As for trying it out yes its APG and I'll try it in a different computer later today.

EDIT: Ok I just tried another card in the APG slot and it still doesnt work. I cant say that that card works although I'm almost 100% positive it works.

Ok i just tried the card in a different computer. It works. Im starting to think that maybe the APG slot is bad. If it is and the onboard is disabled (but it shouldnt be cause i was just using it last week and never disabled it) how can i enable it again.

ppls1000

bearone2 said:
i mentioned in #2 that the card or slot may have a problem.
I know I'm just saying now that the slot is most likely the problem. The thing I dont get though is why doesn't onboard video work? I looked up this motherboard and it says it switches between onboard and AGP depending on which one is there.

take the video card out. an plug the monitor into the onboard video an see if that works

ppls1000

wilson44512 said:
take the video card out. an plug the monitor into the onboard video an see if that works
Ive done that.

Ok i just talked to someone else and he said thats its useually the processor that causes something like this. So ill check out the processor tomorrow and hopefully that will solve my problem.

ppls1000

Ok I tried the CPU and that works just fine. Im starting to think that the Motherboard itself is shot. Is there a way to test if a motherboard works or not? Although I've tried almost everything else so its a very good chance that the motherboard is shot. Any one have any insight into this problem any more?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online